Sunday, January 3, 2010

First Entry

Why did I decide to create this blog? I love hearing about ghost stories. As a child I would listen to my parents , aunts and uncles and all their grown up friends share their experiences.

I want to give these stories a home here, before they fade into my memory. Most of these stories are subjective. Some are from my own experience some are told from the mouths of others. Some has left me wondering, some has given me goosebumps.

My earliest memory of a ghost story was when I lived in , I guess you can call an ancestral home from my father's side of the family. As a child, I often find myself in the living room playing facing the stairway that leads to the second floor bedrooms.

I can recall at least half a dozen instances as child, while playing downstairs when I would hear the unmistakable creak of the floorboards at the top of the stairs. I would look up to see a pair of bare feet descend the first step with it's right foot and then it would vanish. It happened so often , I don't even think much of it.

One time I was playing with my little brother at this nook under the stairs. It's a storage area really of stuff. We were playing there when I don't know what made me look up towards the far corners of the nook - in the darkness. It was daytime but the nook was dark with a red heavy curtain cover it. Some daylight was shining through and at the far corner I could see movement. When I looked longer, I realized it was an unopened umbrella and what I was seeing was it's crooked handle and it moved from left to right then back to the left. I don't remember much of that anymore except that I think I just continued to play. I did not remember feeling frightened.

Another experience I've had but has left me wondering and looking back, I'm feeling a bit unnerved. You see in this house, they still had rotary phones. I was being a silly stubborn kid one day and was I think just bored and was dialing some random numbers. Our hired help was behind me telling me to stop but I kept on dialing. I then saw this hand that has a yellow-orange color , it looked like it came from my right side and it landed on top of my hand for a second then I felt it flick the top of my hand. I startled me and I turned to our hired help and asked her " Did you just flicked my hand?" and she shook her head no. Maybe it was her hand or maybe it was my grandfather or my great grandfather's spirit telling me to stop. I don't know what it was to this day. Maybe it's not even a ghost story.

No comments:

Post a Comment